Saturday, August 11, 2012

pretty things on a bad day.

I probably had the worst day today, and I am most certainly in the worst mood right now. Whenever I'm like this, I make collages. Loads and loads of collages. I look at things for inspiration, like magazines, blogs, Rookie (of course), and movies.
Here are my inspirations for collages I'll do in the future and the ones I will be posting tomorrow:
David Sedaris: Rookie Mag

Elle Fanning: Rookie Mag.

Chloe Sevigny: Rookie Mag.
(Yes, I know, I'm obsessed with all things Rookie now shut up.)
I want to also show some pretty pictures that made me see how pretty the world can be.

 Violet by Hole 










 The Ardorous 
                 



Petra Collins
Whenever I'm feeling down now, I'll find it distracting to make pretty flower crowns. They're so delicate and it's a good hobby for me to start this year. Later tonight I'm going to hang them on my wall. My inspiration was Tavi Gevinson's room.
           
Here are my inspirations for this new hobby of mine:
Collage: Rookie Mag.


Crown of Love from Rookie on Vimeo.
Like Petra and Tavi said, other then head bands, flowers, and a glue gun, you're going to also need hot chocolate and kitties. *Not optional.
Speaking of my flower crowns, my mom was talking to my art teacher today about my horrible day/life (lololololol) and she was sweet enough to deliver me a sweet little care package. She gave me a cup of Menchies with sprinkles, a hot pink glue gun, lots of stickers, and a handful of my favorite flowers from the 99 cents store. She is the most caring person in the world, I need more friends like her ♡. Here is the outcome of the flowers:
Here is my day/shitty outfit. They're blurry because they're "I don't give a shit" photos.



 When she left I decided to make a playlist inspired by California. Just music that you would want to listen to on a road trip, or laying in a meadow somewhere. Now, youtube mp3 was being dumb and so was youtube in general, so I couldn't upload the first song of the playlist onto it! So listen to it here:

Here is the playlist, I hope you all enjoy it. I'll be listening to it these final days of summer ☼
(By me)


California Luvin' from hannasharif on 8tracks Radio.
*sorry for all the glitches and weird font changes in this point, blogspot is being dumb and i'm being lazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment