Sunday, August 5, 2012

Marc Jacobs Resort 2013/skewl










Something about the colors against the bright blue walls makes me think of that awkward time of school where you have to take your class photo and it always comes out really shitty and the red sweatshirt you happened to be wearing that day came out overly bright and made you look like a tomato, yes, I am speaking from experience. But it also makes me think of a series of photos by Petra Collins called Teen Witch. I feel like my blog is just a Tavi Gevinson and Petra Collins appreciation blog at this point.




I also don't know why it makes me think of these two photos I have randomly saved on my computer, I think it's the whole blue thing going on.

Here are the polaroids of the Teen Witch shoot
Now these seem more gloomy, which again makes me think of a lot of photos Petra took that have the whole "Back to School" theme. Can we just take a moment of silence for "Summer 2012" that is ending in less then a week? I'm weeping. These pictures remind me to tone down my angst for school, since they make school look pretty entertaining and enjoyable hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fuck my life.
This reminds me of hazy monday mornings getting ready for school. Collage by Petra Collins


"To cool for School" by Petra Collins,once again, shocker I know.

This reminds me of after school days me and my neighbor would get stoned in a grassy field after school and just stare at each other, yeah... 
"Highschool Lover" by Petra Collin


"Teenage Dream" by Petra Collins
Great girl angst playlist to listen to be angry at the teenage cliques at school by Rookie mag.
Back to School playlist by Rookie Mag.
One of these days I will make a playlist and post it, but for now I'm enjoying my lazy ass while I can before the dreadful daily routine I call "skewl" comes back
yes, I am making a chronic bitch face right now.
To end this post, enjoy a fashion runway show filled with courtney love wannabes. 
Meadham Kirchhoff Spring 2012

Words from Ed Meadham : “Something that’s lovely and sweet and antifeminist -about taking all the things that little girls are taught are beautiful and pretty from and early age- and destroying and celebrating them at the same time”

A complete contrast of who I am, but the concept of the entire collection is something I’ve recently been very inspired by. Pinks and purples. Pom Poms and cute animated cartoons. I really love how the models looks so disheveled as such  defined character, aka Courtney Love.

I would say the fourth act of  their “Cosmology of Women” was a success



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment