Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer stuff.

I am in denial. Summer is going to end in a week and I don't think I'm ready for this. I don't feel like seeing people, I don't feel like talking to people, I don't feel like socializing with people. I just want to cuddle in my sheets and hide from the world. Times like these, I wish I had a decent summer. There were times I had a lot of fun (pictures will be posted below and tomorrow). Most of it involved art museums, prancing in rose gardens, being in a room with fluttering butterflies, and clothes. Lots and lots of clothes. Here are some pictures that sum up how I wish my summer was like, and what makes me think of what summer should be like.
Bright clothing. I don't know why but i'm stuck in this funk where I only either wear black and dark lipstick or just dull color clothing. 
 Moonrise Kingdom was a highlight of my summer. It was super adorable.

 These images make me think of Disneyland. I miss Disneyland, that's where I should be right now.
 Tavi Gevinson's journal. Summer has helped me have more time for personal writing. I just wish my personal journal would be as rad as Tavi's.
 All unknown.





 Petra Collins.
 I wish I had one lazy, hazy day with a few friends laying around like this.
 Gummo.
 I learned about feminism a lot more this summer, thanks to the good ol' folks I won't stop talking about, Rookie Mag.
I've been dancing around in my room to David Bowie in my undies in wedges. It's been a great experience.
 The Virgin Suicides 
 I am in desperate need to go to a party, I wish I went to a prommy themed one this summer (even though Rookie's was pretty cool). All I've been to is lame high school parties with shitty beer. 
Heres how the beginning (the highlight) of my summer looked like:


 This wasn't taken in summer, it was around spring time if I'm correct. I just like this photo for some reason. 


Weaving roses in my hair in a rose garden. That was a really lovely day. More pictures tomorrow!
Also, someone get me away from blogspot. Thank you. 
This summer I did rediscover some short films on youtube I was introduced to by my mother. Here are some of my favorites by Bas Jan Ader.




No comments:

Post a Comment