Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let them eat cake

SO, I've been watching a lot of movies recently. More than I should. BUT, while doing this I watched Marie Antoinette. I had totally forgotten how breathtaking that movie is. Every scene is beautiful, with it's architecture and scenery. But also the costumes, corsets, shoes, beds, furniture, EVERYTHING. So, let's start off to appreciate Sofia Coppola. All her movies have a gloomy, dreamy feel to them, and that's what makes it desirable to watch. I always find myself wanting to live in her movies, because she makes little things look fascinating, marveling, and breathtaking. Let's also appreciate her fun twist to this movie. She added pop music, and there's a scene where Converse made a cameo. Also look at her god damn posters, they sum up the little twist she put in the movie:
 

  

I don't know how to exactly express myself when it comes to explaining how these posters look, but google said they're "edgy" and very in with "pop culture" so there ya have it.
I admired every scene about this movie, but I do have two favorites. The cake/shopping scene, and the garden scene. Since I'm a very loving person towards my blug, here are some screen shots of those scenes I took WTH MY OWN, BARE FINGERS.

Birthday Scene





Watching the sunrise, so lovely. 

Cake/Shopping scene (my favorite scene)




































Now here are some "quality" pictures of the movie. Overall, this movie warmed my heart to the point where it melted. I am planning my "sweet 16" to be inspired by this movie. Apple cider, raspberries, candles, cards, japanese pop music and new order blasting, lots of pastries and macaroons, floral tea, frilly dresses, and watching the sunset at the lake. It'll be marvelous if it actually works out.
































Marie Antoinette 

No comments:

Post a Comment