Wednesday, December 19, 2012

yuck

Hi. So, this week it's been winter break. So far, I've stayed home and watched tons of shit on netflix. I watched a few documentaries, watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and a ton of movies. But this post is about all things new and what I've been interested in this week. 
Starting off by saying I just finished Sputnik Sweetheart and guys, it was such a good book. It is by my favorite author of all time, Haruki Murakami. All of his books go deeper into your subconscious, his books have so many psychological twists, yet the writing is simple and the love affairs are passionate. I always find myself wanting to converse with his characters, and I wish I could be so content by how simple their lives are planned out for them. I think that the characters in his stories are always at discontent, leading to them finding lovers and excessively drinking, and finding themselves in "sticky situations." His writing is simply perfection and I wish I knew more people who appreciated his work. Also I would like to take out a few moments of appreciation for his book cover work (they're so fucking rad man):
(as you can see they add color to any shelf)






The genius himself.

I've also been obsessively watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. Well actually that's a lie, I do know why, because it's fucking addicting. I mostly watch it because of Angel (<3) and Giles (<3) because I'm secretly in love with both of them. I also watch it because, well honestly I have no idea why, but people need to give it a chance! It's one of those 90's shows that are just so good and no one knows why.






And lastly, to end this short post off, my favorite movie that I've watched so far has been Almost Famous. MAN, It made me want to blast the good old "oldies" "rock n' roll." It was just a very comforting movie and featured a lot of music I liked. Not that many people I know listen to that music, so to find a movie of "band aids" and "groupies" that LIVED for that music and to get a closer look at the music, was just really comforting. I have used that word a lot while describing that movie, but it really was just that. I wanted to be on the tour bus with them, almost die with them, get high on acid with the one guy who looks exactly like my math teacher. I just wanted to be there with them and appreciate the music that both me and them do (and wear a fucking rad fur coat while doing it).


(Favorite scene omg) 



I need to go home
You are home.







Next post will be my frustrations with this whole "feminism" thing and I'll post some rad women's art during the feminist art revolution. Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment