Sunday, December 9, 2012

Misty

I'M BACK. So, as promised because I'm sure all of you care, here is some of the interview me and my friend Aryn did. This is a very tiny segment of it, but it's good enough so all of y'all can "get to know me" a little better.

What are you aspirations in life?
I honestly don’t know. I know what I’d like to do, but I know I won’t make any money from it. It’s so horrible that I have to factor in that aspect, I feel like such a greedy bitch whenever I say that.

But it makes sense! In today’s economy and all. What would you like to do?
I want to be a writer. I want to write about what I see everyday, and had the lucky opportunity of seeing. I want to write about my life, my parent’s life especially. They had it very rough in the Persian Revolution. My ideal life would be living in an apartment with someone I love. We’d paint together, and I’d get to write on my grandfather’s typewriter all day and still manage to live comfortably.

Are you working on anything specific at the moment?
I am actually! But I’ve kept it very “low key” incase it doesn’t work out. I’m writing a few pieces of anti-war poetry for my cousin’s magazine. His magazine is so rad, it’s about Iranian- American culture, and what’s new with Iran. I’m also submitting a few pieces of writing for Rookie Magazine this month about the struggles my parents had as Muslims in Iran. In the future, I plan to write a book with my mother about her life. She wants to tell her story through me, and I really hope that works out. But overall, I mostly write about a past relationship I’ve had. I’m very connected to it, to this day. I’m writing about it until there are no more words about him left in me.

Are you still working with Art?
I knew you’d ask that since I met you through art. I’ve taken a break from it. I’m feeling very uninspired and the people I’m surrounded with have made my art a competition, if that makes sense. I think I’ll get back to it in the summer, when I have time to be alone and surround myself with culture. I’m very interested in anti-war art, like my cousin Samirais doing. She’s having an exhbit at SMOA in a month, and I’m so excited to see it!

Okay, anyways, so this week has been very stressful. Finals and shit overall. But I've managed to get through with a lot of movies, blogging, and music. So here are my "mood" pictures of this week. It makes me think of creepy things, fog, and misty nights.




The Ardorous 


 Random Images from Tumblr

 Grimes


 Petra Collins for Rookie
 Random Image from Tumblr 
Language of Vision, 1944

Also, the two movies I've watched this week are Harold and Maude, and The Doom Generation. I've also re-watched My so Called Life. So so so so good. Harold and Maude is probably the best film to get room renovation ideas from. The clutter and antiques Maude had in her cute little house was so perfect.







Harold and Maude







The Doom Generation 
My So Called Life

Lastly, I made a playlist. I shamelessly dance to this in my room. #notashamed. This playlist is getting me through finals, so I thought I'd share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment