Saturday, August 4, 2012

i'm your truth telling lies

I am back from Oregon! It was probably one of the most depressing trips I've ever taken. The second day I was there my grandmother passed away, so my family was crying and screaming the whole time pretty much. Other then that, I got one day to thrift it up in Portland, Oregon and go to the beach! It was beautiful, I felt like I was in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind you know, in those gloomy beach scenes. 


 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I was stranded in Clackamas for most of the trip as well. Mostly because I was avoding the grief and sadness in downtown Portland, how awful of me. But in my father's home in Clackamas, we have such a lush and green part of a forest outside of my window. I laid in the grass and felt like I could also be in the movie Daisies.



Anyways, the thrift stores in Portland were rad. There was this one thrift store located in a victorian house on 23rd, called "Thrift Store" (creative, I know) and it was so small with even tinier rooms inside, it was like a maze. It was crowded with small kitschy things, antiques, and lots of 50's clothing. In the thrift stores in portland, there was an overwhelming amount of plaid and denim which was odd. Imagine a city where everyone only wore plaid and denim. That'd be like britney's denim red carpet outfit all over again.  







 I purchased these. 

 A design I really liked on a dress, it reminded me of Velma from scooby doo.
 I purchased this kawaii shirt for a friend.



 My denim jacket pocket.
 I wanted this so bad, I don't think you'll ever know.
I went to voodoo donuts, and let me tell you it was one of the best donuts I've ever had. I don't even know why it was so good, I guess the outrageous flavors? Honestly, no. It tasted like an old fashion donut, I kind of don't understand the hype. The flavors are rad and pretty yummy to though.




 The whole room reminded me of bubble gum and hot pink. 
Anyways, I purchased two skirts as well and the plaid one, well that one I just thought was so fucking rad I couldn't just not buy it. And it was only five dollars!

Pattern of the high waisted skirt I got as well for three dollars. 
I don't know how to end these things, but Oregon is probably my favorite place on the Earth. What's better then nature and good deals on rad clothes? Wow I should be a business woman that was the cheesiest ending to a post ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment